Saturday, June 21, 2008

Of Eyes, Ears and Nose(trils?)

It's so amazing how smart kids are nowadays.

A couple of months ago, I was teaching Raine the parts of her face, and how many they are. I'd ask her in Chinese, and she'd answer me, like ...How many eyes do you have? She'd say "Two" ...How many ears do you have? She'd say "Two"
But when I asked her how many nose do you have, she'd still answer "two", so I'd correct her and say "only one nose, Raine".

This happened quite a number of times, until finally, she managed to get the better of me. I was asking her again.

How many eyes do you have? "Two"
How many ears do you have? "Two"
How many nose do you have? "Two" but when i corrected her and said "one", she inserted both her fingers into her nostrils, and said, "two".

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home