Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Happy Birthday Dad

Today is my dad's birthday. he would've been 57 years old, if he didn't die of a heart attack last june 2004.
i miss my dad. i wish he was still here. he'd be so happily looking forward to being a granddad, what with 2 babies on the way (mine and my brother's). he's always wanted grandkids.
oh, my dad wasn't perfect. far from it. he had his faults like everyone else. but he tried his best to be a good father and provider to all 7 of us kids (which wasn't easy). and no matter how many heartaches and headaches i gave him, he always forgave me for it.
we weren't that close anymore when he died, mostly because i was so stubborn. but i was a papa's girl when i was younger. back then, i'd wait for him to come home before i'd go to sleep. i'd sit in my little rocking chair, watching Pugo and Tugo on tv while waiting for my dad. he'd always have something for me, usually food i liked to eat.
at first he didn't like the profession i went into, since it's not normal for a chinese girl to be in the media and all. but later on, he came to accept it, and even bragged to all his friends about me every chance he got. he'd always complain tho that he's lost his identity, that he's not known as rudy sy anymore, but as the father of richelle sy. but i know he did all that complaining with a really proud heart.
despite all the hurts i gave my dad, i really hope i was able to redeem myself, that in the end, he left this world still with me as his girl. i miss my dad so much.

6 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger tinapa said...

gosh! dami mo spammers, mare. anyways, tulad ng sabi ko sa yo nung wake ng dad mo, sumama na siya kay Lord kasi alam niyang tapos na ang duty niya, na you've found someone who will truly care for you and love you for the rest of your lives together.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Austin said...

i know mare. bati na naman kami nung final year niya, mula nung bumait ako at nakahanap ng guy na gusto niya. sabi nga ni aldrich, my dad didn't warn him about me anymore kasi talagang pinamimigay na niya ako. :P
it would've been nice tho, if he's still here right now, looking forward to his coming apos. i'm sure super stage lolo yun. :)
as for the spammers, ....

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger tinapa said...

mare, isipin mo na lang he's happy where he is now. heto ang suggestion ko, maglagay ka na ng say box. hehe!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Austin said...

mare, what's a say box? and how do you install that? medyo di pa ko updated sa lahat ng capabilities ng blog e.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger tinapa said...

punta ka sa blog ko, click ka sa free shoutbox under my saybox. just follow instructions. para di na ko nagle-leave ng message sa mga post. hehehe...

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Austin said...

yup m feeling better. thanks josh! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home